I made this for dinner tonight! DELICIOUS!
- I used 4 ridiculously large sweet potatoes, and it made more than enough, so 4 average sized sweet potatoes is fine.
- about 1 cup mozzarella (I used part skim)
- sea salt
- sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
Cut in half and arrange on a cookie sheet (I line with tinfoil because it’s less clean-up)… (also, I had to cut mine in 4ths because they were so big haha)
For the chicken, I used:
- 2 large breasts
- 3 thighs
- 2-3 tbsp butter, depending on how big your chicken pieces are
- 1/2 tsp sage (ground or dried, I used ground because… that’s what I had)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt butter or margarine, but not until clear, just until smooth.
- Add sage and garlic to butter and stir well.
- Using preferably a pastry brush (you can use a spoon), spread buttery mix on chicken pieces.
You can put the chicken and the potatoes in the oven at the same. Set your timer for 40 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork in the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, grate mozzarella (if you bought a block)
- Chop up chives.
When the potatoes are fork-tender, remove them from the oven, and let them cool until you can handle touching them.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of each sweet potato and place the scooped parts in a large bowl.
- For extra flavor, sprinkle some sea salt on the gutted potatoes
- Add about 1/2 cup sour cream and the butter to the potato guts in the large bowl & MASH EM UP!
- add salt and pepper to taste, mix in.
- Scoop the mash into the potato skins.
- Top with grated cheese and chives.
- Put back into the oven
*** At this point, check to make sure your chicken is done. If you have no experience “eye-balling” it, just cut into the pieces and see if it’s still pink.
If it’s done, take it out and let it cool while the cheese melts on the sweet potatoes.
- Remove once the cheese is melted!
- serve! I served with broccoli.